Thank you for booking a session with me. Let's get the ball rolling!
Please read the following information.
If you can, please send me any previous headshots you have and...
- Tell me what you like about these headshots.
- Tell me what you dislike about these headshots (if anything).
- How did the session(s) go?
Whatever you want to share about the image(s) and the session(s) is helpful. The more insight I can get, the better.
If you don't have time to email your old headshots, don't worry.
If you've never had a headshot before, don't worry!
Please try and make time for this. In the past I've found it to be a helpful step in the process.
Keep it simple. Bring as much clothing as you want, you might not wear every item but it's better to have options. I have a place you can hang it all up, and change. Remember, when you're picking out clothing options to bring consider how they look from the chest up. Typically the photo will be cropped above the chest, so focus on the shoulders and the neck line of the outfit. You want clothes that give a clean, defined look. Have a look at my portfolio to see the type of clothing that work.
Try to bring
- clothes you love - you look great in - you feel great in
- clothes that are form-fitting
- clothes that are one solid colour (bonus points if they match/bring out your eye colour)
- clothes that are black, white or any shade of grey
- layers; a jacket or sweater that works well with one of your tops
Try not to bring
- overbearing patterns, (they distract and pull focus from your eyes).
- baggy, loose clothing (they add extra unwanted pounds)
- high collared shirts/jackets (they shorten the neck)
- wrinkled clothing (the camera will see this)
- clothes that don't fit
Stay away from dressing up too much (however, a nice summer dress or collared shirt and bowtie/tie can be great). But this isn't glam. It's you. You'll look amazing, but it doesn't have to be the clothing that's the amazing part.
Clothing should not distract from the 'important stuff', which are your face and eyes.
Above all, trust yourself, even if it goes against the stuff I said above. If you have a heavy patterned shirt or multi colour shirt with a huge collar that you think is perfect, then by all means bring it in!
Pro tip: Do you have a piece of clothing in mind that you love but you don't own it? Go buy it! Keep the receipts and the tags on, you can return it after the shoot!
MAKEUP (This section is for women. Men, please don't wear makeup)
If you choose to get your makeup done by a professional, I highly recommend going with a specialist that can do natural makeup.
If you're planning on doing your makeup yourself, again, keep it simple. You want your headshot to represent you. Dramatic makeup 'fads' will date your headshot. The going trend now, is usually out in a year. A natural look is timeless.
The retouching can clean up blemishes so if you break a few zits the day before, don't worry!
Try to avoid:
- heavy eyeliner (on the top and the bottom), avoid sharp, hard lines.
- pencilled in eyebrows with a harsh line, make it natural
- fake eyelashes (they weigh down the eyelids, and cause you to look drowsy)
- too much blush
- lip liner
- lipstick (bring in a clear/neutral gloss to keep your lips shiny and/or a hydrating lipstick in neutral colors, to even out chapped lips and unevenness)
- powder foundation (liquid concealer is much better on camera)
If you know you want to try out a more dramatic style of makeup, bring it in and we can add a bit as we shoot... but let's start on the natural side!
During the session, we will review the images on my laptop as we go, so you can see if the makeup is working for you or not.
Payment is due the same day of the session.
If this isn't possible, let me know, we can discuss it. I'm flexible and understanding. So just reach out and let's talk.
- Cash *please bring exact change
- Check *made out to Olli Tumelius
- Paypal * sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 2915 Rainier Ave. S.
The building is called Mt. Baker Lofts. There is usually street parking on Forest St. on the North side of the building. If you can't find a spot, there is a parking lot next to Kings Hall and Mt. Baker Light Rail Station. There should be a few spots reserved for Mt. Baker Lofts, but I can't guarantee the availability.
My cellphone is 206 240 3536, text or call if there are any problems etc. Also, Feel free to email me back with any questions.